My dear entrepreneur,
It’s been over six months now and you are still having a pity party. Well, just in case you forgot, depression and misery will not get you anywhere positive. So dust yourself, get up and move on.
Being an entrepreneur might be a little harder than a 9-5 job but it is one of the most rewarding experiences of life if you do it right. Yes, I understand that there are lots of ups and downs involved. You might lose money or your business plus many other challenges you might face but my question is, would you stop driving your car because accidents happen everyday or would you stop traveling by plane because you are afraid of plane crash? Life itself is a risk so is being an entrepreneur.
You can’t declare yourself an entrepreneur today and give up six months later just because you were dealt with a major blow. There are challenges everywhere, even in a 9-5 job.
Consider what a pregnant woman goes through in her first trimester – morning sickness, vomiting, tiredness, weight gain, complications, high blood pressure, lack of appetite, just to mention a few. Yet she never gives up halfway or changes her mind because of the challenges. Even with all the discomforts, she nurtures the pregnancy till full term. When she finally gives birth, the joy of seeing the baby always outweigh the pain of the pregnancy. So it’s not surprising that she would go through that same process a second, third or even fourth time.
My dear entrepreneur, for the joy that is ahead of you, you must learn how to stay strong and not give up. Consider the pregnant woman and learn from her journey. What does she do throughout the nine months period?
1. She goes for antenatal
2. She takes the right medications
3. She eats the right meal to help the baby develop well
4. She engages in physical exercise
5. She avoids things that might harm her or the baby
6. She gets support from those who had been there before
7. She invests in books and acquire knowledge that would help her become a good mother
As an entrepreneur, see yourself pregnant with an empire. Do things that would help you nurture and birth your dream. Just like the pregnant woman, there are things you need to do during the waiting period. So I am going to recommend that you:
1. Invest in knowledge and acquire new skills
2. Attend workshops, trainings, seminars etc
3. Get a mentor
4. Hire a business coach
5. Separate yourself from negative and toxic people
6. Guide your thoughts and deal with your stinking thinking
7. Avoid ‘friends’ that are not going the same direction as you
8. Ask for help and get support from those who are ahead of you
9. Avoid laziness and excuses
10. Don’t hang out with mediocre
11. Encourage yourself even when things are not going well
Success only happens to those who take action. So do the needful today.
Remember, you don’t have to struggle, waste time, money and resources doing it alone when you can learn from someone who has been there and done that.
You need help to grow and scale up your business? Enrol NOW for ‘Kick-Start Your Business With The Right Structure‘ Click Here